Heavy Vehicle Driver Training...
NOW AVAILABLE AT CADS - HEAVY VEHICLE LICENCE TESTING.
CADS has two Authorised Heavy Vehicle Driver Assessment Officers available for licence testing and upgrades. Please call us to discuss the pathways available to acheiving your Heavy Vehicle licence.
Central Australian Driving School also delivers Nationally Recognised training in the following classes of Heavy Vehicle Driver Training:
1. TLIC3002A - Light Rigid (LR) - A vehicle that has a GVM greater than 4.5 tonnes, but not greater than 8 tonnes, or is constructed or equipped to seat more than 12 adults ( including the driver )
2. TLIC3003A - Medium Rigid (MR) - A rigid vehicle that has two axles and a gross vehicle mass (GVM) greater than 8 tonnes. Class "MR" licence does not permit you to carry passengers for hire or reward unless you also have a (h) (Hire or Reward) endorsement.
Please note all participants requiring a Light Rigid or Medium Rigid licence will need to provide a suitable vehicle.
3. TLIC3004A - Heavy Rigid (HR) - A rigid motor vehicle or an articulated motor omnibus that has 3 or more axles and a gross vehicle mass (GVM) greater than 8 tonnes. Class "HR" does not permit you to carry passengers for hire or reward unless you also have a (h) (Hire or Reward) endorsement on your licence.
4. TLIC3005A - Heavy Combination (HC) - A motor vehicle that is a prime mover to which is attached a single semi trailer that has a gross vehicle mass (GVM) greater than 9 tonnes plus any unladen converter dolly or a rigid motor vehicle to which is attached a trailer that has a gross vehicle mass (GVM) greater than 9 tonnes plus any unladen converter trailer.
5. TLIC4006A - Multi Combination (MC) - Any motor vehicle, or combination of motor vehicles, other than a motorcycle. Class "MC" does not permit you to carry passengers for hire or reqard unless you also have a (h) (Hire or Reward) endorsement.
The following table sets out the period you are required to hold a particular class of licence before you are eligible to progress to the next higher class of licence. This period may be a single continuous period or made up of a number of individual periods. Any time your licence is suspended or expired cannot be included when calculating this period.
Class of Licence Held Required Holding Period Next Eligible Class of Licence
C At least 1 year LR or MR
C At least 2 years HR
MR or HR At least 1 year HC
HR or HC At least 1 year MC
Central Australian Driving School is proud to offer Nationally Recognised training in Partnership with Watto Training - (RTO 40791 ) www.wattotraining.com
Cancellation Policy - Please note that any bookings cancelled within 5 business days of course will not be entitled to a refund, nor will there be any entitlement to defer payment to alternate course dates. As we restrict numbers to ensure all participants receive the highest quality of training we require all confirmed bookings to be adhered to. A full copy of our cancellation policy is available on request. Thank you for your understanding.